Monday, May 26, 2008

I have nothing to wear!!!

Okay, it's official. I have to lose weight. Now those of you that know what I look like, listen for a minute. For those that don't, I'm 5'3" and 130. Not Twiggy but not Big Bertha. I'm between an 8 and a 10 size wise, meaning that neither fit right. I have three children, with two born 20 months apart, though the younger is 15 1/2 months.

No, my problem is that I have no clothes that fit. I have a shelf full of 8's just waiting for the day I can zip them up, sit down and breathe all at the same time. Most of my 10's are gone because they would fall down past my bum if I went up the stairs too quick. The pants I have that fit my husband has made me throw away because I could no longer deny that you could describe in minute detail the print on my undies through the holes around the pockets-and in some more intimate areas on one of them. So I'm left with two pairs of "mom-cords" that a gay guy from KY calls the devil (Ask a Gay Man on youtube), one pair of jeans that's starting to fall down going up the stairs and a pair of pants that I only have one shirt to match and it needs mending. I am getting a little tired of looking frumpy, though I can't imagine ever not looking like a mom. Even if I ever got down to a size 2 with great curves, now I have to dress like I would let the girls dress. Women are called to modesty, not only to protect men and not lead them astray in their thoughts, but also to not incite jealousy in other women. If I'd only been this mature when I was younger. I think of what I used to wear and why I wore it and I cringe. Then I have to fight the urge to run to the store the buy hockey pads for the girls to wear the rest of their lives.

I refuse to buy clothes at this size. It's not so much a money issue, though I do hate to waste money on clothes "that I just know I won't fit in two months because I plan on losing this last 10 to 15 pounds", it's a picky issue. I just really can't find anything to fit right, especially that I want to pay for. I have the worst luck with clothes. If I get to wear a piece of clothing 5 times without something happening to it I'm excited. If the girls don't destroy it (chocolate milk anyone?) I do.

So the only thing left to do is to see if I can get off my bum enough to fit it into clothes I already own. What a motivator to lose weight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do not let the fact that you are a parent dictate what you wear! Wear whatever you want, the boys hated (and probably still do) the way I dress, because I refuse to dress like a mom.
I'm glad Eric did not lose any of the girls while you were gone, I talked to him on Mother's day and he was having a bit of a problem with Zoey, but I guess he got through it.
I am finding it harder and harder to find jeans that fit anymore that I like, but since I am old, I guess I will just wear sweatpants the rest of my life.
Do you think Eric gets is "Laundry skills" from his mother??
Have fun!!!!