Monday, July 14, 2008

Ohio!

The girls and I leave for Ohio a week from tomorrow and I'm not ready. How does this stuff sneak up on me? I was hoping to have the laundry room and garage all cleaned out for poor Eric.

He doesn't get to come, he's got to work. And while I'm glad I get to go and excited to see everyone again, I kinda wish it was just the girls going. It was supposed to be, but then my mother-in-law called and said no one had met Vee yet. This is why you shouldn't have kids, especially cute ones,' cause then you have to show them off. Just kidding. But she had a valid point. ClaireBeth was, goodness, what? About 16 months I guess when we went out and she met everyone. Ziggy was 13 months and I was already pregnant with Vee. I tried to get Eric to take Ziggy out and pick up ClaireBeth that time but he said no. That was also the last time Eric, Ziggy or I went out. And Vee will be 17 1/2 months.

Which brings us to this year. I day trained Ziggy and she turned three. We were working on night time, but I honestly got tired of waking up twice a night. Sorry. Maybe in a few weeks, but that girl sleeps like the dead. The big girls were going to go with my mother-in-law's mother-in-law, who has let us adopt her and we call Grandma Net. I was a little worried about Ziggy and her behavior, but Grandma can handle anything-which is not the same thing as saying that she should have to. But alas, my two weeks with just Vee are not to be. However I do get to go to Tennessee to visit the family that used to watch me when my father made me go out there for 10 weeks every summer. And I do get to see everyone again. That I love. There are 8 siblings in the family and there's still one I haven't met. ClaireBeth has and she loves him and he seems to like her back, so that's great. Eric had given the impression that his uncle didn't necessarily like kids, but I have to take into account that Eric and his brother were probably pretty annoying as children if their current behavior is any indicator (mostly joking!). Then another sister moved to Tennessee somewhere. Grandma and Grandpa are there and they're great. So it will be fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You better get ready, I am so excited to see them and I also have about a million things to do and my last day off before you come is Wednesday (7/14) so I have not idea how I am going to get everything done!!!