Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Already?

Is it really the 9th? Goodness gracious. Life's been rolling along lately. Let's see, I taught the preschoolers on Sunday, went to small group where we started a video series. Monday I went to Camp Pendleton to visit friends and then San Marcos to visit my cousin. I had a lot of fun talking with big people. Tuesday was MOMS bible study and working to spruce up the church for a conference. We're starting Having A Mary Heart In A Martha World by Joanna Weaver. I've read the first two chapters and they're very good. It's about learning how to sit down at the feet of God everyday instead of giving in to the rat-race we normally call a life. I encourage you to read it. It's more of a reading book with the revised edition having some questions in the back to go with each chapter. Today is my clean the house because Eric has the girls all day Saturday day and I won't be home at all Thursday and Friday. Today is also Eric's promotion board. I'm trying not to be expectant or worried or sick. We can only pray and see how it goes. Thursday and Friday are the WIRED conference at our church. It's been painted, decorated, renovated, now it just needs to be invaded. Just kidding! It should be a lot of fun. I'm working, which means I get to go free (I think someone took care of the tickets for us), there's childcare both days and I work like a total of 30 minutes. Friday and Saturday are Beth Moore. My friend's husband has the kids Fri (9 total) and Eric has them Saturday. I'm more worried about Eric with the three than Cecil with nine.

I also signed up for summer camp. That was a big step. The cost is fantastic. Normally for me and the girls it's almost $1000. With a military scholarship you automatically get 50% off. Then they ask you to pay what you can of the 50% but at least $100. My grandma still wants me to come out in May (that's next month!) and now my mother-in-law wants me to come out when the girls do. I only have to buy my ticket, so it's not too bad. She mainly wants Vee to come out since only she and Grandpa Kenny have met her. I just go along to change diapers! She also offered to let me drive to Tennessee to see some friends I haven't seen in years. I have to work it around Eric's work schedule and Claire's school. There are summer camps and everything but we can miss those. Miss Jane Anne is due in August, and while I'm not involved in that process I'd like to be in town. But no matter what I'll see her anyway, 2-3 times a week at least for the next year. And I can be of help whenever I get back in town.

I've gotten up at 0500, made the bed and read and talked with God two days in a row. I didn't have much luck today with reading and talking though. I was really distracted, even through praying. I read 1 John and it wasn't absorbing. Now I've dawdled long enough. I cleaned my bathrooms yesterday like I was supposed to, but I didn't do my cleaning yet today and the girls are waking up. Maybe one day I'll write out what my day's supposed to look like. Until then I'll stumble along tripping over the shoes and toys left on the floor.

No comments: