Monday, June 9, 2008

Another chance

Well, another week is here and a fresh start to try to live my life as it should be lived, meaning not for me and by my own strength-which is why I feel like I'm floundering-but for God and by His strength. Another chance to try to instill habits that I should already have. Like cleaning, and talking and reading with God and playing with the girls. Then once I have the habits teaching them to the girls. I'm supposed to get up at 5:00. Then the next two hours should be habits for me. The next hour and a half are habits for the girls. I just don't always-meaning usually-get up when I should. If I do, I don't always do what I should. Which is stupid because my day goes so much more smoothly when I do.

So today I'll try again. I'll get up in about two hours, take a shower and get dressed. Then I'll go out to the car, get my bible study bag and read at least some of the two chapters I've had two weeks to read in Having a Mary Heart In A Martha World. It's a great book, but it deals with busyness, which is not my problem. Do they have any bible studies on laziness? I'll have to check that out. After that I'll work in the kitchen. Monday is my free day but the kitchen really needs it.

So as to cleaning, I set one day for one type of room. Mondays are free, for like a set time to work on laundry or hall closets or an area that really needs it. Tuesdays are kitchen days, with the floor scrubbing and wall wiping. Wednesdays are living room/dining room/toy room, with the dusting and a little reorganization. Thursdays are bathroom days, with the tubs and the floor scrubbing and the wall wiping. Fridays are bedrooms with the sheet changing and the dusting. Hopefully it all takes me less than an hour, because I start at 6:00 and the girls get up at 7:00. If I have to vacuum I usually do it after I take ClaireBeth to school though. No use trying to make the neighbours hate us, I'm sure they don't need any help.

Then I hope to get a chance to play with the girls. It seems like all I do is try to clean or hide. Some days hiding wins. They should make you fill out an application to be allowed to have children, seriously.

So here's to praying and hoping I have a productive day. It might just change the whole week.

No comments: